December 6, 2009

CHOCOLATE SATURDAY

This is the story of a long tradition.
37 years ago Brenda introduced me to the art of chocolate dipping. I have carried on this tradition along with Jill and now my daughters and daughters-in-law.
Here is a picture of most of the centers. This is the prep work that takes many ingredients and many long hours of making the candy and rolling it and freezing it until dipping day. This year we made vanilla creme, vanilla with cherry centers, coconut, caramels, and turtles. Heather made peanut butter centers and Jill made toffee (not pictured). Also not pictured is the 30 pounds of chocolate that we start with.
This is the time we got started....8:15 am.
Debbie getting into the spirit of Christmas chocolate dipping.

Tyler contributed by chopping the nuts.


Jill with little elves (Tyler and Natalie) helping out.

Heather and Natalie are part of the action.



Lunch break! I always like to have a crockpot of soup ready to take a quick lunch break.



Tyler and Natalie love to help. Debbie and Jill are the official dippers.


Tiffany joined in the "fun/work" this year.


Still going...........




Blake...keeping himself busy.....



I had to get in a picture......


Brooke came over and helped too......


THE CLEAN-UP!!



FINISHED!!



DONE! A 10 hour labor of love project!!!

If you think we eat these chocolates.....WRONG......well....maybe just a few.....but if you are lucky enough to be related to us or are friends of ours that live close by....you might just get some. However.....we could take orders!

3 comments:

Heather Strong said...

I remember when my mom used to do that, too. Oh old family traditions that we used to have (my family). Very few are left but I am happy to see that you all are carrying on the greatness!

Denise and Brandon said...

Add caramels to our list. Pretty much everything but vanilla cream and vanilla cherry. Funny how vanilla used to be my favorite when I was little.

Caitlin said...

That's amazing! That looks like so much fun. My mom told me how Brenda taught her how to make candy one year too.